Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult to decide (H1B)

Dear Ms.Veena,

As i have already mailed you few questions, for which i got very convincing replies from you. But one question is still bothering me.

As mentioned earlier, both me and my wife are going as individual H1B non-immigrants, infact we are going for stamping on the same date..So, in my form DS-156, Question 34 asks for " Name & relationship of the person travelling with you?'', sh'd i really need to answer as "YES" in the form and tell them that my wife is also coming with me but as an independent H1B employee..Will this not generate unnecessary questions from the officer...

If i mention "No", what will be the impact, how will the officer get to know this.Ofcourse this sh'd not afffect us., since she is an individual non-immigrant my herself and she is anyway going to travel for USA for her Job..

Please give ur views !!! Its difficult to decide for me!!

Also others please discuss what you feel...

Regards,
    Ganesh

You should say NO as they are independant!

This is not a legal advise. Use at your own risk!

Comment

Hi,
      Each of you getting the H1B stamping is dependant on individual merits of the case. If you mention that you are going to b travelling alone inspite of being married, there will surely be a question from the visa officer on your spouse and her H4 stamping. If you want to hide her H1B, you will unnecessarily have to lie to the officer, and this point will be noted. Just in case her H1B gets refused, then she will have to go on H4, in which case this lie will come to light. DO u want to face all this.

H1B is a dual intent visa. Your wife or you need not show intentions of coming back to India. And there is no law which says that husband and wife cannot be on H1B at the same time. Just mention the truth, and if need be, take documents of details for the interview. Lying will have only adverse repurcussions. This is my opinion.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thank you both of you for your ideas. Now, I have to work it out in the right way.

Any forum members have experienced such a situation pleasee share your experiences....

Thanks again!!
        Ganesh

Comment

I do have same issue

Hi Ganesh ,

I do have same problem. How you resloved this . Post your experience on this issue or mail me at [email protected].

Thanks
          Sreeni

Comment

Hi Sreeni,

You just place ur wifes name in the place for person travelling with you,,,and if the officer asks regarding ur wife, tell them that she is travelling as an individual H1B non-immigrant....there will not be any problem,,,,no need to hide anything,,,,the VOs generally interfere further into this and ask you...you will not face any problem,.,,we got our visas cleared...

Good luck!
            Ganesh...

Comment

small clarification

Hi Ganesh ,

Thanks for your prompt reply , it gave me a lot of energy. I am travelling early date and my wife and kid coming later . In this case do i required to metion their names in my D-156? . Please clarify.

Thanks & Regards
              Sreeni

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X