Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping question for H1 with new employer

Hi,

I came to US on H1B (employer1) which was valid until Sept.30, 2013. My VISA on passport was also valid till Sept.30, 2013. Later, I changed to another employer (employer2) in August, 2013 and applied for H1 transfer. I got this H1 tranfer approved for 2 years i.e from Oct.1, 2013 to Aug.4, 2015.

Now the question is, should I attent Visa interview when I go back to India during this period (Oct. 1, 2013 - Aug.4, 2015) and get stamping done again. Or can I use dropbox facility here in US to get my passport updated with the new stamping (my original stamping for first H1 was done in home country India) without attending the interview.

Any suggestions or help in this regard is highly appreciated!!.

Thanks,
    LVR

Originally posted by venkatlvr View Post
    Hi,

I came to US on H1B (employer1) which was valid until Sept.30, 2013. My VISA on passport was also valid till Sept.30, 2013. Later, I changed to another employer (employer2) in August, 2013 and applied for H1 transfer. I got this H1 tranfer approved for 2 years i.e from Oct.1, 2013 to Aug.4, 2015.

Now the question is, should I attent Visa interview when I go back to India during this period (Oct. 1, 2013 - Aug.4, 2015) and get stamping done again. Or can I use dropbox facility here in US to get my passport updated with the new stamping (my original stamping for first H1 was done in home country India) without attending the interview.

Any suggestions or help in this regard is highly appreciated!!.

Thanks,
    LVR
    I didnt know that there was a drop box facility in US for getting a visa stamped in the passport. Where did you hear that?

As far as I know when you visit India, you would need to fill DS-160 and book an appointment with US consulate and attend the H1 visa interview by taking all the supporting documentation regarding you, your employer and client(if applicable). If approved, by the officer, they would retain your passport and return with new visa stamp.
    You are not eligible for Interview waiver as you changed employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X