Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if Consulate revoked H1B

Hi,

Case: I got H1B petition in 2012, came to India and went for stamping. I got 221(g) green asking for additional documentation but I have already put my papers by the time to pursue my MBA and my employer didn't furnish those documents. I see that there was a note in the refusal sheet that USCIS recommends to revoke my petition. Now, my petition is valid till 2014, I have joined back the same employer post MBA and would like to see if there is any way to check if my H1 petition is actually revoked.

Also, can anything be done in this case such as can we make a case that since I was pursuing studies, the employer didn't furnish H1B and now it same employer, we would like to use the petition.

I am checking my company's attorney as well and just fed up of one-liners which I don't understand.

Thanks all for your help.

Originally posted by pawanverma View Post
    Hi,

Case: I got H1B petition in 2012, came to India and went for stamping. I got 221(g) green asking for additional documentation but I have already put my papers by the time to pursue my MBA and my employer didn't furnish those documents. I see that there was a note in the refusal sheet that USCIS recommends to revoke my petition. Now, my petition is valid till 2014, I have joined back the same employer post MBA and would like to see if there is any way to check if my H1 petition is actually revoked.

Also, can anything be done in this case such as can we make a case that since I was pursuing studies, the employer didn't furnish H1B and now it same employer, we would like to use the petition.

I am checking my company's attorney as well and just fed up of one-liners which I don't understand.

Thanks all for your help.
    Hello, Pawan.

H1B revocation does not mean you cannot file a fresh petition. You have been granted an H1B and all you need to revive it is a fresh petition. From the same employer or from a new employer. You have until 6 years to have your case revived.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X