Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time for H1 interview

Hi,

My H1 B currently stuck in RFE status and hoping that my employer would manage to move ahead and get me the required documents for the interview. I am currently in US on L1. I am willing to take my interview in Chennai. If I get my documents by Oct’13, what’s the best time to go for an interview?

I would like to stay in US on L1 at least up to Nov 2nd week as it has little financial benefits. And then I would like to go back, prepare and appear for the interview on Nov last week. But if the ‘sooner is better’, I would prefer to leave as soon as I can and appear for the interview.

This forum has helped a lot since my L1 and I thank you all for your opinions and advices.

-Manu

Originally posted by manuv313 View Post
    Hi,

My H1 B currently stuck in RFE status and hoping that my employer would manage to move ahead and get me the required documents for the interview. I am currently in US on L1. I am willing to take my interview in Chennai. If I get my documents by Oct’13, what’s the best time to go for an interview?

I would like to stay in US on L1 at least up to Nov 2nd week as it has little financial benefits. And then I would like to go back, prepare and appear for the interview on Nov last week. But if the ‘sooner is better’, I would prefer to leave as soon as I can and appear for the interview.

This forum has helped a lot since my L1 and I thank you all for your opinions and advices.

-Manu
    Has L1 to H1 been applied as COS or Consular process? When is your L1 I-94 expiring?

If as COS then if approved you have to start working with H1 employer from H1 start date. If as consular processing then you can work with L1 employer till L1 I-94 date and as and when you go to India you can plan to attend H1 stamping and if successful return to work for H1 employer.

Advisable to travel only after the L1 to H1 decision is known.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

I am not doing COS but the consular processing. This means I will have to appear for an interview before I start to work on H1. Considering the political situations and any typical reasons, when would be the best time for interview. I may be asking a question which doesn’t make much sense and difficult to give a precise answer. Wondering, folks may have certain dates considered to be the best time.

BTW, my L1 VISA expires on 2015.

-Manu

Comment

If you are asking for any "auspicious date time" etc I don't think this is the right forum :-)

Political situations are not affecting interview processes currently. As for other reasons, the more players you have between yourself and the employer the more chances of 221G.

If that is not the case, it certainly makes sense for "sooner the better" as you will be furnishing the Client letter etc, the older the client letter the more doubts in mind of the officer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X