Travel Restrictions on H1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Restrictions on H1 Visa

I have a Visa question regarding to travel restriction while on a H1 Visa. I plan on taking my girl friend to Bahamas next Spring and she here on a working VISA (H1 visa?). She informed me in order for her to travel outside of U.S, she will need to obtain re-entry Visa from abroad. And the process normally take 2 weeks to complete and she would then use up all of her vacation time for the year.. That being said, I have following two questions.

1: Can I apply travel visa here in U.S and be able to go to Bahamas for a week and come back to U.S? Like I said, she's here on a working Visa and she's Chinese citizen.

2. Does she need a VISA to come back to the state for travel less than 30 days? What kind of forms do I need to fill out or is there any low cost ($500 to 1000) that I can use to help me come up with a solution without leaving the country?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Vac 2013 View Post
    I have a Visa question regarding to travel restriction while on a H1 Visa. I plan on taking my girl friend to Bahamas next Spring and she here on a working VISA (H1 visa?). She informed me in order for her to travel outside of U.S, she will need to obtain re-entry Visa from abroad. And the process normally take 2 weeks to complete and she would then use up all of her vacation time for the year.. That being said, I have following two questions.

1: Can I apply travel visa here in U.S and be able to go to Bahamas for a week and come back to U.S? Like I said, she's here on a working Visa and she's Chinese citizen.

2. Does she need a VISA to come back to the state for travel less than 30 days? What kind of forms do I need to fill out or is there any low cost ($500 to 1000) that I can use to help me come up with a solution without leaving the country?

Thanks,
    Hello, Vac.

Work visa is slightly different. Many people who come to US to study (on a student visa) start working once their studies are complete. They then apply for a work visa (H1B). All this is fine, but the visa they have on their passport on which they entered is still F1 (Student visa). If they exit the country, since they are no longer studying, they are not allowed to enter on the old Student visa.

Applying for a student visa is fine, but one has to attend the interview at a consulate - which can then even reject the case or put the case on hold. There are a number of cases where people working just fine in USA on H1B visa went to their home country for visa stamping and were denied the visa.

That is why many people do not prefer going out of the country when they are on work visas.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X