Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension while H1-b Extension still pending

Hi all,

My company has filed for my H1-B extension and it is still under initial I am trying to fill out form i539 for my wife and quite confused with Part3. Processing Information, Question 3. It states,

3. Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?

There are three choices, NO/Yes, filed with this I-539/Yes, filed previously and pending with USCIS. Receipt #.

So in my case, since my H1-B is still under approval and my wife's extension is dependent on my visa, I should choose "Yes, filed previously and pending with USCIS" and fill out the Receipt Number. I should also fill out Question 4 with my name as the petitioner and also mention the Office filed at and the Date my extension was filed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	i-539-Part3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	591758

HP

Petitioner will be your employer and the name of the USCIS office will on the petition receipt notice.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Petitioner will be your employer and the name of the USCIS office will on the petition receipt notice.
      Thanks Kabkaba. Skipped my mind that my employer is the petitioner.

So the box that I checked is the correct one right?

HP

Comment

Yes
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X