X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• require some help reg h4 visa interview

hi all!
    can any one help me
    i got a visa appointment on 26th sept to delhi counslate. actually i am a resident of vishakapatnam, i not get a slot to chennai counslate,so it may cause any prob?
    in ds-156 form asked like this, how long do u intend to stay in us?
    i checked sample document in this immihelp,in it they wrote like this dont enter a period above 6 months, if i write like this,how long it to bey my visa validity?but iwant to stay as long as my husband is there. so can any one suggest appropriate ans for this.
    i dont know how to face an interview,so plz send me some faqs, and i have no alternate date,if this one is failed,so i'm a bit worriying. so plz help me as soon as possible.

thank u.

Hi Yamini

I dont think you can apply in New Delhi unless you booked an emergency appoinntment by contacting the consulate. Most likely the officer in Delhi will ask you to reapply in Chennai. You may wish to confirm this from others in this forum. I havent done this for my wife.

The answer for "How long do u intend to stay" would be the period of time your husband's visa will be valid. So if your husband's visa expires in 2007, then say "Two years". You may find a lot of visa experiences if you browse this forum.

-Jadan

Comment

Hey Yamini,
      What kind of visa are u applying!? The "less than 6 month" rule is only for visitor visa. If your husband is working on a H1B and you are applying for H4, you need to mention the date of expiry of his H1B in this column.
      BTW, you will not get a visitor visa if your husband is employed in the US.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Yamini

My friend's wife went to Delhi in Sep, 2005. She is from B'lore. No questions were asked in Delhi consulate about not going to chennai. She got H4 visa. Even if they ask, you could always tell that you couldn't get an early appointment and so applied at Delhi and wanted to join your spouse as early as possible. The conditions to be eligible at Delhi are:
        1. Your visa is never rejected before in Chennai.
        2. The candidate should demonstrate good english speaking skills.

Regarding, "How long would you intend to stay?" question....You can answer "Till Visa Validity" or enetr "H1 B petition expiration date".

Just relax and be confident. Get all the required documents and you should do fine.

GoodLuck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X