Status of H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of H1B

I am in US , on L1B visa working for company A and applied for H1B visa through a company B during April-13. The H1B petition was approved on Aug'26th 2013. The company B forget to apply for COS while submitting the H1B petition.

I have had some personal emergency so I've travelled outside of US on 09/29/13 and returned back to US after 10 days on L1B visa. Now, what would happen if the company B applies for COS for the approved H1B visa. Is the visa still valid or has the approval been voided since I travel outside the country. Please clarify.
    Last edited by H1Bvisaquery; 10-09-2013, 04:02 AM.

Originally posted by H1Bvisaquery View Post
    I am in US , on L1B visa working for company A and applied for H1B visa through a company B during April-13. The H1B petition was approved on Aug'26th 2013. The company B forget to apply for COS while submitting the H1B petition.

I have had some personal emergency so I've travelled outside of US on 09/29/13 and returned back to US after 10 days on L1B visa. Now, what would happen if the company B applies for COS for the approved H1B visa. Is the visa still valid or has the approval been voided since I travel outside the country. Please clarify.
    Seems your H1 was approved as consular processing, if yes, B can file an amendment to convert it to CoS and if approved you can work with B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I know I raised this thread long back but since my current question is related to the same thought of using the existing thread to ask for a clarification.

I have continued staying on L1B and now thinking about pursuing with that 2013 H1B. Employer is trying to find me a project with "client letter" and apply for COS. From whatever I have seen so far in the past 2 moths, it appears difficult to get a client letter so would like to know if there are any alternative solution.

Also, would I be able to transfer the H1B with a different employer who could help me with getting a client letter. Please clarify.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X