Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b --> h1

Hi,
    My L1B Visa expires in July 2014. And I have spent 3 Years 2 months of the L1B allowed stay (I think it's 5 years for an L1B).
    If a fresh H1 VISA gets filed by an US based MNC:

1. How much time I will get on the H1?
    2. Does an H1 VISA application from an US based MNC stands better chance at lottery? I guess no :-(
    3. Or should I opt for the blanket VISA quota of this MNC? I think that would translate to an L1B/L1A again.
    4. Is it possible to file the blanket quota L1B/L1A after H1 VISA request does not come through?

These understanding will help me a lot.

Thanks.

Originally posted by anshuagarwal View Post
    Hi,
    My L1B Visa expires in July 2014. And I have spent 3 Years 2 months of the L1B allowed stay (I think it's 5 years for an L1B).
    If a fresh H1 VISA gets filed by an US based MNC:

1. How much time I will get on the H1?
    2. Does an H1 VISA application from an US based MNC stands better chance at lottery? I guess no :-(
    3. Or should I opt for the blanket VISA quota of this MNC? I think that would translate to an L1B/L1A again.
    4. Is it possible to file the blanket quota L1B/L1A after H1 VISA request does not come through?

These understanding will help me a lot.

Thanks.
    Is your current L1 employer and US Based MNC same?

When is your L1B I-94 expiring? If it is also expiring in July 2014, you would have to file L1 extension in order to continue stay beyond that date.

1. L1+H1 combined can be 6 Years. New H1 can only be applied in April 2014 with a start date of Oct 2014. If you are on valid status on 30-Sep-2014, and if applied H1 as COS you would move to H1 from H1 start date. You would get 6 Years minus time spent on L1.
    2. No.
    3. For L1B/L1A of this MNC you should first be working for that MNC outside US for minimum 1 year.
    4. Read above. There is no such thing as quota L1B/L1A. Your L1 with current company cannot be transferred to another company. For applying L1 with another company you have to work with that MNC in their office outside US for at least 1 year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X