Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerprinting status

Hi,

I have H1-B approval (I-797) for the 7th year and I was suppose to get my visa stamped when I came down to India this time at the Mumbai consulate. However, on July 15th, 2005, the day of my interview I was told that I would have get my fingerprints taken and sent to US for clearence and my application was put in a pending status. I was told that the process will take 3 to 4 weeks. I got my fingerprinting done on July 18, 2005. Tomorrow (September 19th, 2005) it will be 9 weeks since then and the clearence which I'm told involves international communication (at USCIS/FBI offices in US) has still not been received and needless to say, I'm still stuck in India.

I would like to hear from someone who had to go through a simillar fingerprint clearence at either of the consulates in India. If you were fingerprinted and you have got your clearence not too long ago, I would appreciate it if you could mention when were you fingerpringted and when did you receive the clearence. That is the only way I can estimate how long will my clearence taken. If you were fingerprinted and still haven't received the clearence, I would still like to hear from you.

thanks,
    Manish.
    Last edited by manish3177; 09-18-2005, 11:16 AM.

waiting from Dec9th

Hello Manish, i was asked to be fingerprinted at chennai, its 6 weeks now , how much time did u get it in.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X