Working from India for US company questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working from India for US company questions

My H1B is expiring on Jan 19th 2014, I am going back to India and the company wants me to work for them part time which I agreed to.

Since my H1B will be expired, I would basically be a foreign employee, so I don't see any issues with the employment here.

The main questions are:
    1. Can I operate a bank account in the US while I am in India? I consulted a CA in India and they said it should not be an issue.
    2. How does the taxation work? If they pay me in USD, is it better for them to deposit the money in an Indian savings account? Would tax/medicare/SS be cut from my paycheck in the US or no?

I know I have to pay taxes in India since I will be an Indian citizen.

Thanks!

Originally posted by kumarshah View Post
    My H1B is expiring on Jan 19th 2014, I am going back to India and the company wants me to work for them part time which I agreed to.

Since my H1B will be expired, I would basically be a foreign employee, so I don't see any issues with the employment here.

The main questions are:
    1. Can I operate a bank account in the US while I am in India? I consulted a CA in India and they said it should not be an issue.
    2. How does the taxation work? If they pay me in USD, is it better for them to deposit the money in an Indian savings account? Would tax/medicare/SS be cut from my paycheck in the US or no?

I know I have to pay taxes in India since I will be an Indian citizen.

Thanks!
    Doing job outside US doesn't come under USCIS immigration's laws. There may be tax implications which only an international tax expert can answer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

For the salary, the company would have to deposit it into my Indian bank account right?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X