H1B Visa status is Post Decision Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa status is Post Decision Activity

I have a valid H1B Visa stamped last year. but I never travelled to USA. Now my status is showing me " the previous decision made on your case was revoked and we mailed you a notice explaining the decision. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance". what does it mean? Please explain.

Originally posted by s1234s View Post
    I have a valid H1B Visa stamped last year. but I never travelled to USA. Now my status is showing me " the previous decision made on your case was revoked and we mailed you a notice explaining the decision. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance". what does it mean? Please explain.
    That means that your employer has notified USCIS that you might not be traveling to USA on same I 797.

Now if you need to travel to USA you must file a New H1b App and you should have an approved I 797.

You might be able to travel on same stamped visa if it is not yet expired.

Please understand Visa Stamp and I 797 is two separate things.

Visa Stamp give you a right to ask permission to enter into USA at USA airport. i 797 is supporting document which proves your eligibility to enter.
    Now your I 797 is revoked so you are no longer eligible to enter on same I 797.

Hope I made things clear.
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X