travel while h1b transfer is in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel while h1b transfer is in process

Hi, i am in a unique situation and need help with couples of questions.
    1. I got laid of from company A, and got a job offer from company B before my termination date, who will expedite the transfer. However, because of the government shutdown, they have not been able to file the petition yet. Would there be any issue if the application is sent after my termination date?

2. If i was to travel back home while the transfer is being process (pending), can i re enter the country with the still valid visa stamp on my passport? Even Witt the approval of new h1b?

3. Is the former employer obligated to buy my flight ticket to go back home even though i got new job offer?

Thanks

Originally posted by Trung Nguyen View Post
    Hi, i am in a unique situation and need help with couples of questions.
    1. I got laid of from company A, and got a job offer from company B before my termination date, who will expedite the transfer. However, because of the government shutdown, they have not been able to file the petition yet. Would there be any issue if the application is sent after my termination date?

2. If i was to travel back home while the transfer is being process (pending), can i re enter the country with the still valid visa stamp on my passport? Even Witt the approval of new h1b?

3. Is the former employer obligated to buy my flight ticket to go back home even though i got new job offer?

Thanks
    Hello, Trung.

I am sorry, but i feel you are Out of Status now. As per law the former employer should get you a ticket back home, but they rarely do.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X