Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming back to US after quitting job on H1-B visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to US after quitting job on H1-B visa?

I was working in the US till February 2013 on a H-1B visa. Due to a personal reason I resigned from my job and came back to India. Now that the issue is resolved I am considering going back to my old job in US. My old H1 visa was valid till October 2015.

Is my old visa still valid?
    If not, do I have to apply for a brand new H-1B visa? Since the H-1B quota for this year is over will I be able to come back to the US only in October 2014.

I want to better understand my options.
    Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Harish VNot View Post
    I was working in the US till February 2013 on a H-1B visa. Due to a personal reason I resigned from my job and came back to India. Now that the issue is resolved I am considering going back to my old job in US. My old H1 visa was valid till October 2015.

Is my old visa still valid?
    If not, do I have to apply for a brand new H-1B visa? Since the H-1B quota for this year is over will I be able to come back to the US only in October 2014.

I want to better understand my options.
    Thanks in advance
    Hello, Harish.

Yes. Your visa is valid and you could use it before October 2014. All you need is an employer who is willing to sponsor you and file a petition for you. You could go to the US in as soon as 6 weeks, if you find an employer and the petition gets approved.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Thanks Natty for the quick reply.

BTW I had spent more than 6 years on H1B visa and had got a 3 year extension till Oct 2015 as I had got my I-140 approved as a part of my green card process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X