Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension after First Expiry date

Hi All,
    My company filed H1b petition for me for the year 2012 and it got stamped last month, but the visa expiry date is given as 31st Dec 2013 ( Petition expiry date is also same). I am still in India and looking for a project in US to make use of my visa. Can some one answer to my below questions.

1. If I didn't teval by the expiry date, do i have a chace to extend my petition from India?

2. If i go to US in the next one month, how much time is required for applying petition extension?

3. If there any chances for the H1B Tranfer to other company if my compamy didn't accepts for the extension from India itself after/before visa expiry date?

Thanks,
    GN.

Originally posted by gurunagireddy View Post
    Hi All,
    My company filed H1b petition for me for the year 2012 and it got stamped last month, but the visa expiry date is given as 31st Dec 2013 ( Petition expiry date is also same). I am still in India and looking for a project in US to make use of my visa. Can some one answer to my below questions.

1. If I didn't teval by the expiry date, do i have a chace to extend my petition from India?

2. If i go to US in the next one month, how much time is required for applying petition extension?

3. If there any chances for the H1B Tranfer to other company if my compamy didn't accepts for the extension from India itself after/before visa expiry date?

Thanks,
    GN.
    Hello, GN.

1) Yes. You can extend this visa. Absolutely. H1B is about usage, which is for 6 years. So, you can use this for 6 years.
    2) You could file for extension immediately upon going to US. All depends on your employer, correct?
    3) Yes. You can find another employer, and they file a petition to simultaneously transfer and extend your visa. You could file for transfer / extension even AFTER the expiration of this petition. As i mentioned earlier, H1B visa is valid for 6 years. So, you have 6 years, to find someone to transfer / extend - either current sponsor or a fresh sponsor.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Thanks Nattybone for your quick reply. One Final Question, If i come to US by December, will there be any option for my employer to apply for extension?

Thanks,
      GN.

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, GN.

1) Yes. You can extend this visa. Absolutely. H1B is about usage, which is for 6 years. So, you can use this for 6 years.
      2) You could file for extension immediately upon going to US. All depends on your employer, correct?
      3) Yes. You can find another employer, and they file a petition to simultaneously transfer and extend your visa. You could file for transfer / extension even AFTER the expiration of this petition. As i mentioned earlier, H1B visa is valid for 6 years. So, you have 6 years, to find someone to transfer / extend - either current sponsor or a fresh sponsor.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Comment

H1 Extension and Stamping

I have been with the same company(Tribal Govt) for 7 years and they are doing my second H1 extension (H1 thru company directly). my question is i am going to go to India in February, do i still need to go for stamping? i heard some rumors that for H1 extension with the same company you can just send documents and we don't have to go to US Consulate physically for me or my wife (H4)? i really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gyanarc View Post
          I have been with the same company(Tribal Govt) for 7 years and they are doing my second H1 extension (H1 thru company directly). my question is i am going to go to India in February, do i still need to go for stamping? i heard some rumors that for H1 extension with the same company you can just send documents and we don't have to go to US Consulate physically for me or my wife (H4)? i really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks
          Please check if you qualify for the Visa Interview Waiver :

Remember, even if you qualify for the Visa Interview Waiver the consulate may still call you for interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X