What visa do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What visa do I need?

I'm an older student finishing my studies, unemployed, from Europe. I wanted to go to the US for so called open "tryouts" organized by indoor soccer teams calling anyone who wants to give a shot at becoming a member of their team.

The thing is, they (soccer teams) can't process work visa until they see me at the tryout sessions, but I also can't apply for work visa based on the assumption "I'm going for a tryout, and perhaps they'll accept me". What should I do?

Originally posted by diego11 View Post
    I'm an older student finishing my studies, unemployed, from Europe. I wanted to go to the US for so called open "tryouts" organized by indoor soccer teams calling anyone who wants to give a shot at becoming a member of their team.

The thing is, they (soccer teams) can't process work visa until they see me at the tryout sessions, but I also can't apply for work visa based on the assumption "I'm going for a tryout, and perhaps they'll accept me". What should I do?
    Hello, Diego.

You could try for a Tourist visa (B2 visa). As there is no exchange of money involved in these trial sessions, you are ok to go and just play. Should they like you, you can figure out what visa to apply for then. For the moment, you could try for Tourist visa. Yes. Your purpose of visit, when asked, has to be Holiday / visiting some cousin etc.

Personal Opinion.

Hope this helps.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X