Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Approved..COS denied...is H1B transfer possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Approved..COS denied...is H1B transfer possible?

Hi, I have a approved H1B ..but COS from L1 to H1B was denied (because I had to go out of states in between for some purpose). My H1B was being applied by an external local employer. They are saying that I should try to get myself into a project..once I get a project/client..I can go out of states for H1B Stamping. Please let me know how feasible is thing option.

Also, can I do H1B transfer although my COS was denied ? What are the chances of visa rejection during stamping then.

Originally posted by gbisna View Post
    Hi, I have a approved H1B ..but COS from L1 to H1B was denied (because I had to go out of states in between for some purpose). My H1B was being applied by an external local employer. They are saying that I should try to get myself into a project..once I get a project/client..I can go out of states for H1B Stamping. Please let me know how feasible is thing option.

Also, can I do H1B transfer although my COS was denied ? What are the chances of visa rejection during stamping then.
    First of all, I dont quite understand "get myself into a project" thing.

If there was no project by the employer how did the H1 petition get approved in the first place? Its generally for such cases that USCIS denies a COS.

With that said, if you dont have a project you will not have a client letter, if you don't have a client letter chances are high for a rejection as and when you go for stamping.

The "middle men" is right in telling that you would first need a valid project. I would like to add that this employer doesn't seem genuine and hence would advise to try for a H1 porting to a more genuine employer, of course, you would need the petition details from the current H1 petitioner.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      First of all, I dont quite understand "get myself into a project" thing.

If there was no project by the employer how did the H1 petition get approved in the first place? Its generally for such cases that USCIS denies a COS.

With that said, if you dont have a project you will not have a client letter, if you don't have a client letter chances are high for a rejection as and when you go for stamping.

The "middle men" is right in telling that you would first need a valid project. I would like to add that this employer doesn't seem genuine and hence would advise to try for a H1 porting to a more genuine employer, of course, you would need the petition details from the current H1 petitioner.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      So, I just need to provide my I797B copy to new employer and he can file for H1B transfer?..will he have to apply for COS?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X