X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 221(g) please advise

Hello,

Please help my case

I got my H1b stamped in April and I got married in May but didnt got till now because couldnt get an appointment.My wife went for an appintment last week and the consular office has asked for these queries. Please advise the best possible answers we can give.

1. A detailed description of the petitioner's needs for this position and how the beneficiary worker intends to address them. Provide specific examples of how the person's skills match the petitioner's needs

2. Provide a Detailed and specific account of how H/L worker will be employed during the next 12 months. Be sure to specify location, client contact information, nature of the project and duration of the project.

3. A complete statement from the petitioning employer explaining how and why H/L worker's position has been kept vacant since the time the job was offered.

thanks,
    Kalyan

hey Kalyan

were you working in US do you have paystubs etc. Any client information etc. you need to provide them with that. If you have not worked in US then you need to get a letter from your employer staying the clients and which client they plan to make you work for etc. Your company would have all those details. But why are they asking your wife these questions they are for you not for her she is a dependant.

Comment

Hi Kalyan,
      What the consular officer expects out of you is that you get a letter from the employer in the US addressing the three issues mentioned in the 221(g) refusal.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

221(g)

Hi everyone

My wife visa is pending and the reason they have mentioned is that her name should be present on my employment continuation letter.

I currently work for HSBC BANK and I have send all the documents mentioned on this website and also on the US consulate website.

My wife visa interview was on 20 sept and is pending and the reason they provided is that they need my wife's name on either on HSBC offer letter or on employment continuation letter.

do you think that i still need some more documents to submit along with this letter.

Should i also write a personal letter to US consulate asking a favor to grant my wife's visa.
        Is it possible to write a personal letter on Company letter head.

Does the pending cases are approved by showing the required documnets or whether they check and interview the whole thing again(fresh).

veena I have emailed you and it will be great if you can please guide me.
        Please advice.

Thanks
        Sachin

Comment

Originally posted by sachinjadhav22
          Hi everyone

My wife visa is pending and the reason they have mentioned is that her name should be present on my employment continuation letter.

I currently work for HSBC BANK and I have send all the documents mentioned on this website and also on the US consulate website.

My wife visa interview was on 20 sept and is pending and the reason they provided is that they need my wife's name on either on HSBC offer letter or on employment continuation letter.

do you think that i still need some more documents to submit along with this letter.

Should i also write a personal letter to US consulate asking a favor to grant my wife's visa.
          Is it possible to write a personal letter on Company letter head.

Does the pending cases are approved by showing the required documnets or whether they check and interview the whole thing again(fresh).

veena I have emailed you and it will be great if you can please guide me.
          Please advice.

Thanks
          Sachin
          If all the other documents are in order, then just get your employer to request the Consulate for your wifes H4 stamping. You can also write a letter to them mentioning your time line in the US.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

H4 visa

CSKalyan,

I think the visa officer was not convinced with your I-129 documents. His questions are directly related to the job description and your skills listed in your H1B visa application form. Since you already have I-797, you already have an approval to work in the US based on the case filed by your company's lawyers. I believe you will need to obtain additional support from your company and your company's lawyers to address visa officer's concerns. How to convince the visa officer will all depend on what is already stated on your I-129 and your actual circumstances.

Good luck. I do not think it is a big issue if your case is genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by cskalyan
              Hello,

Please help my case

I got my H1b stamped in April and I got married in May but didnt got till now because couldnt get an appointment.My wife went for an appintment last week and the consular office has asked for these queries. Please advise the best possible answers we can give.

1. A detailed description of the petitioner's needs for this position and how the beneficiary worker intends to address them. Provide specific examples of how the person's skills match the petitioner's needs

2. Provide a Detailed and specific account of how H/L worker will be employed during the next 12 months. Be sure to specify location, client contact information, nature of the project and duration of the project.

3. A complete statement from the petitioning employer explaining how and why H/L worker's position has been kept vacant since the time the job was offered.

thanks,
              Kalyan
              Hi,
              I think the consualr officer's concern is that if you have managed to stay in India despite your stamping in the month of April, it means that your requirement in US was not urgent and how the company could have afforded to keep the post vacant for 5 months now. THat is why he is interested in knowing how the company is employ you if your requirement can be waived for 5 months. It is always better to travel to the US within a short date from your stamping. Makes things easier for those who follow on H4.

Getting a letter from the employer and employer's clients mentioning the immediate projects on which you will be applied is the only solution.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X