X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to apply for H4 and H1b ammendment

Hello,
    Issue 1.
    On 18th Oct my employer (a desi consultancy company in east coast) sent a scanned copy I-797c (looks like the combination of previous I-797b & c, did USCIS changed the format? Is it the final approval copy this year?) showing my H1b got approved for 3 years. But since then I have not got any documents (hard copy) from them. When I ask them they are telling me that it is with the attorney and they will send me as soon as they get from him. They are not even willing to give me the attorney's number... This behavior made me suspicious whether they are going to send me actual copy at all.

Q1. Am I being too anxious too early or it does take some time (it's not even 2 weeks)? Normally how long does it take for the applicant to get the H1 documents? What are the documents I am expecting if or when they actually send me?

Issue 2.
    When they applied for my H1b, I was working for a different client in different state (now it's different client in different state).

Q2. Do I have to apply now for H1b amendment before I can go out for stamping? If yes, what is the process and how long does it take?

Issue 3.
    My wife (in India currently) needs to apply for H4 so that she can come to US in December.

Q3. Does she have to wait for my H1 amendment? If NOT, what are the documents she needs to apply for H4? Please note, as I said earlier, I have not got the actual documents yet.

Related Question:
    In case they don't send me the documents, what are the other quickest ways (i.e. apply to USCIS, talk to an immigration attorney...) to get my documents and get the H4 application going?

I will really appreciate if someone knowledgeable can answer my questions. I am short in time, need some good advice please.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X