Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need to withdraw H1B 221g before applying H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need to withdraw H1B 221g before applying H4?

Hello
    I went for H1 visa stamping on Aug 12th 2013, the consular asked a series of questions and finally issued a Blue slip 221g - Administrative processing

consulate - chennai
    Status was updated on 4th sept 2013,

It is more than 80 days so far and there is no update nor any information on my case.

Im Planning to apply H4 and in the process of scheduling the visa interview.

Do I need to withdraw my current pending H1B application which is in 221g Administrative processing, in order to apply for my H4?

Please advice

Originally posted by Navz View Post
    Hello
    I went for H1 visa stamping on Aug 12th 2013, the consular asked a series of questions and finally issued a Blue slip 221g - Administrative processing

consulate - chennai
    Status was updated on 4th sept 2013,

It is more than 80 days so far and there is no update nor any information on my case.

Im Planning to apply H4 and in the process of scheduling the visa interview.

Do I need to withdraw my current pending H1B application which is in 221g Administrative processing, in order to apply for my H4?

Please advice
    Its technically not required but good to do. Irrespective a 221 G would have to be mentioned as a denial in the H4 DS-160.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X