X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Refusal Under Section 221(g)

Hi all
    Iam suresh
    I went to consulate first time. That time i gave all the documents to them. After that the guy in the counter gave all the documetns back to me and also gave me query docs, which asks for various docs like(project details, interiour and exteriour photos of the office where iam going to work, list of all the employers active projects and their clients, federal tax returns for last 3 years, identify the petitioning entity's personal needs for next 12 months,w-2 forms for all people employedand time frame they worked there).

SO second time i went and gave them all the docs which they asked for. I was asked to wait. I waited for 2 hours after that they called me. I do not know what happened , the person in the counter took all my docs(H1), edu docs and appointment order and all other docs and gave me a paper mentioning that my visa was refused under 221(g). She did not tell me the reason for refusal and told me that i can reapply with different petition. Can i know where it went wrong and will i be knowing the reason for that.

mail me at [email protected]

Hi Suresh,
    You mean the Visa officer retained all your original certificates and rejected your visa? For H1B?? As far as I have seen they only refuse H1B u/s 221(g) with instructions to bring more information. I am sorry to ask you, but was any of the documents ****?
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

221(g) refusal

Hi,

221(g) means, any candidate who attends for the counsulate who is not frm that counsulate region.
      Suppose, you from South Zone of India and you go for Kolkotta/Delhi, then you will be refusses based on 221(g) rules and will be asked you to attend your respective counsulate.

You my be rejected based on 221(g), even though you procure all the relevent doc's.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Best of luck.

Ratnam

Comment

Originally posted by wasooratnam
        Hi,

221(g) means, any candidate who attends for the counsulate who is not frm that counsulate region.
        Suppose, you from South Zone of India and you go for Kolkotta/Delhi, then you will be refusses based on 221(g) rules and will be asked you to attend your respective counsulate.

You my be rejected based on 221(g), even though you procure all the relevent doc's.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Best of luck.

Ratnam
        Hello Sir ,
        Pls help me understand in depth about it
        i went to mexico they saw my documents and then rejected mine asking me to apply in home country that is india ....in my passport they stamped 221g ... please explain but i also saw some 221g posted in other web sites asking for some documents ......please help

Comment

Originally posted by jaisingh
          Hello Sir ,
          Pls help me understand in depth about it
          i went to mexico they saw my documents and then rejected mine asking me to apply in home country that is india ....in my passport they stamped 221g ... please explain but i also saw some 221g posted in other web sites asking for some documents ......please help
          HI,
          221(g) can mean both of the above. It can be for a redirection and for want of more documents. It is not an outright refusal, its only a temporary refusal, you can go back with the required information and get the visa.

In your case, you have to make an appointment at the Home consulate and attend the interview there for the H1B stamping.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Visa refusal under 221(g)

Hi
            thanks for your reply
            Actually first time when i went, they asked me some questions, i answered them theya sked me which part of US r u going to stay, who r ur cleints , address, who is going to come and pick u up, where r u going to work, who r their clients , where r u going to stay, how many people r working there, their nature of business.
            i answered every think which was told.
            but i stammered for this questions
            which part of US r u going to stay : i told its location with address
            Cleints : (They gave me some 10 cleints name) but i told 4-5 from that and someother 4-5 cleints (these names were available in their website)
            i told thay also do s/w development but they told no thay do not do s/w dev, but i was confident
            They asked me in which project ur going to work, i told ima not sure about the project but its a INHOUSE project

So after this the officer gave me a document mentioning that my visa is being refused under 221(g), its a query document.
            so again i went after 10 days taking all the documents which they asked for.
            this time they did not ask me any questions took all my documents and made me wait and after some hours called me and then ask some questions and took all my original VISA papers and told that my visa is rejected and gave me a document mentioning that my visa is rejected under 221(g), The officer in the counter told me that you can re apply for visa but with a different petition. i want to know will i get to knwo the original reason behind my VISA refusal and next tiem if i apply will i be getting my VISA
            It would be fine if you mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Hi,
              I dont know whether i can ask this question .. but what is the name of the of the US company in which u are about to be employeed. How old is that company... Do they have sufficient employees...

Check this site http://flcdatacenter.com/ .. there is something like "Disclosure date"

in this site you can see the history of the US company in which you are going to be employeed now.

History in the sense " how many visas where applied in that company... how many where approved how many were rejected etc.
              what is the name of your company.

Comment

Visa refusal under 221(g)

hi can u tell me how to know the reason of my visa rejection

Comment

When you said that you are not sure about the projects and the location.. that was time the Consular may have made up the mind to deny visa to you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X