Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My H1B petition has approved & yet to fill DS160 and attend the interview. BUT ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My H1B petition has approved & yet to fill DS160 and attend the interview. BUT ???

Hi Team,

Myself have H1B petition approved and yet to fill my DS160 and attend the interview.

And also my husband's H1B petition has approved and yet to attend the interview.

BUT ????

can my husband come to US as H4 dependent so that he can work on H1B without having any visa interview. Is it allowed or not ?

PLEASE HELP ME .
    Last edited by USA2014; 11-05-2013, 05:48 AM.

Originally posted by USA2014 View Post
    Hi Team,

Myself have H1B petition approved and yet to fill my DS160 and attend the interview.

And also my husband's H1B petition has approved and yet to attend the interview.

BUT ????

can my husband come to US as H4 dependent so that he can work on H1B without having any visa interview. Is it allowed or not ?

PLEASE HELP ME .
    Hello, USA2014.

Yes. Either one of you can have the H1, and the other can travel on H4. Once in USA, the one travelling on H4 could file for a Change of Status (COS) to H1 and start working without having to appear for an interview at the consulate. Ofcourse, you need to have a sponsor for H1 for this.

Maybe you are not trying because of the location of the project - but, you both can travel on individual H1Bs.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Thanks Nattybone.Can a person travel with H4, who already have approved H1 petition ?

Hi Nattybone,

Thanks for your reply.

But i have one more question.

Will it not be problem during the travel of my husband with H4 also carrying a valid H1 petition of himself approved in this year only ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X