did not receive i94 with h1B petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did not receive i94 with h1B petition

i am on l1B and my visa got expired on 10-Aug-2013. i was staying in i94 which is good till Jun'2016.
    I applied for H1B in 1st week of Arp'2013 and got it approved on 26-Aug'2016 however did not receive my i94 along withe petition approval.

What are my chances here? my employer has filed for i94.
    once it comes, how many days do i get to move on my H1B.
    Do i need to go back to india(or any neighbour country) and get it stamped in order to take my H1B in effect?
    please advise.

Originally posted by Binita Yadav View Post
    i am on l1B and my visa got expired on 10-Aug-2013. i was staying in i94 which is good till Jun'2016.
    I applied for H1B in 1st week of Arp'2013 and got it approved on 26-Aug'2016 however did not receive my i94 along withe petition approval.

What are my chances here? my employer has filed for i94.
    once it comes, how many days do i get to move on my H1B.
    Do i need to go back to india(or any neighbour country) and get it stamped in order to take my H1B in effect?
    please advise.
    Looks like your H1 was approved as Consular process. Is H1 and L1 employer same?

Seems your H1 employer filed an amendment to convert consular process to COS. If and when it is approved and you get the H1 associated I-94 you should immediately start working with the H1 employer from the H1 start date.

If not then technically you can go to any neighboring country for H1 stamping. But recommended to check with the consulate you are planning to go to interview for if they accept Third Country Nationals for H1 stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X