Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First H1B Refused under 221(g). Second H1B approved from New Employer. Have to Attend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First H1B Refused under 221(g). Second H1B approved from New Employer. Have to Attend

HI,

My First H1B interview was in March 2013, upon attending i received a 221(g) requesting documents from my employer. After months of waiting i received a letter saying my H1B was being revoked.

Now i have applied for H1B transfer with a New Employer with a Client Letter.

My Question is Do i need to mention the first H1B in my DS-160? And what will be my answer if the consular officer asks this question?

My First H1B employer showed my project as In-House project and i am guessing that was the reason for refusal, since all the docs requested were from my Employer and none from my side.

Please Advice.

Thanks

Originally posted by invinciblensvs View Post
    HI,

My First H1B interview was in March 2013, upon attending i received a 221(g) requesting documents from my employer. After months of waiting i received a letter saying my H1B was being revoked.

Now i have applied for H1B transfer with a New Employer with a Client Letter.

My Question is Do i need to mention the first H1B in my DS-160? And what will be my answer if the consular officer asks this question?

My First H1B employer showed my project as In-House project and i am guessing that was the reason for refusal, since all the docs requested were from my Employer and none from my side.

Please Advice.

Thanks
    I think I have heard of few cases where applicant had gotten another 221g asking them to withdraw the previous petition.

I think you have to let consulate know in written that you do not want to pursue with previous stamping request anymore and you are withdrawing it.

Please share your experience once you are done with stamping.

Thank You
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

Yes, 221g is visa denial and must be mentioned in all future applications.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply. After mentioning in the DS-160 that my previous employer history may have been bad. What will be my response if the VO consular raises this question?

How i came to contact this employer and related questions may also be raised , i guess..

Any advice would be appreciated

Comment

One Last Ds160 Doubt

Hi Thanks for the response, Just one last question and need advice on this,

In the Ds-160, while checking Yes for the question Were you refused visa earlier?

Can i just mention "Refused visa under 221(g) in mar 2013" and leave it or do i need to explain anything more.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Comment

That is sufficient.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
              That is sufficient.
              Thanks for the reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X