L1B (Valid I-94) - H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B (Valid I-94) - H1B

Is that possible to change to an H1B visa in US itself when working in a Valid I-94 (L1B/L2B visa period is expired)

Originally posted by gogreen View Post
    Is that possible to change to an H1B visa in US itself when working in a Valid I-94 (L1B/L2B visa period is expired)
    Hello, Gogreen.

Yes. It is possible to switch visas within USA, without having to leave the country. It is called Change of Status. You need to be on valid legal status in USA, both at the time of applying for the visa and when the visa kicks in. i.e.: When you file for H1B in April, you need to be in legal status in the country, and when the visa kicks in, in October.

As long as you are maintaining a valid legal status, you could switch visas.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Gogreen.

Yes. It is possible to switch visas within USA, without having to leave the country. It is called Change of Status. You need to be on valid legal status in USA, both at the time of applying for the visa and when the visa kicks in. i.e.: When you file for H1B in April, you need to be in legal status in the country, and when the visa kicks in, in October.

As long as you are maintaining a valid legal status, you could switch visas.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
      When you say "valid legal status" it can be a valid I-94 date even after the L1B/L2B visa expiry...?

Comment

Originally posted by gogreen View Post
        When you say "valid legal status" it can be a valid I-94 date even after the L1B/L2B visa expiry...?
        As long as one has a valid I-94 you are in valid status. Visa is only required to reach till Port of Entry of US. Its the I-94 which decides ones status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X