Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Visa stamping needed for new employer after H1 transfer, if i haven't come to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Visa stamping needed for new employer after H1 transfer, if i haven't come to US

Hi,

I got H1B this year, but my parent company put my joining on hold and is now going to withdraw my H1. I have managed to get an another company which will transfer my H1B. Now, I have got couple of questions to ask

1> What if parent company withdraws H1 before new company files H1 transfer? Does it mean H1 transfer won't happen
    2> I have got visa stamping of my parent company. Do i again need to get visa stamping for newer company, once H1 transfer completes
    3> Could i travel to US on parent company's visa and start working for newer company as soon as they send H1B package to USCIS guys or i need to wait for H1 transfer to complete?

Originally posted by neeraj.ch View Post
    Hi,

I got H1B this year, but my parent company put my joining on hold and is now going to withdraw my H1. I have managed to get an another company which will transfer my H1B. Now, I have got couple of questions to ask

1> What if parent company withdraws H1 before new company files H1 transfer? Does it mean H1 transfer won't happen
    2> I have got visa stamping of my parent company. Do i again need to get visa stamping for newer company, once H1 transfer completes
    3> Could i travel to US on parent company's visa and start working for newer company as soon as they send H1B package to USCIS guys or i need to wait for H1 transfer to complete?
    1. H1 Porting can continue.
    2. No Need to go for fresh stamping.
    2. You have to wait till the new I797 approved with the new employer is in your hands otherwise what will you be showing at Port of Entry?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. H1 Porting can continue.
      2. No Need to go for fresh stamping.
      2. You have to wait till the new I797 approved with the new employer is in your hands otherwise what will you be showing at Port of Entry?

Thanks for your quick response.
      How much time usually H1 transfer takes as employment period has started Since October 1 and assuming there are fewer pending H1's in queue?

Comment

2-3 Months in Normal Processing. 15 Days in Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          2-3 Months in Normal Processing. 15 Days in Premium.

Another Related question. Do i need to apply H4 transfer for my family too? They already have H4 visa stamped in their passport. As earlier said, we haven't travelled to US on this visa yet and is waiting for H1 transfer to complete

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X