Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Reissue - Notary Signature

Hi all,

I am in the process of my Indian passport renewal. As per the process, i have to notarize my I-797, Marriage certificate, Spouse passport copy, driver license (address proof).

I would like to know where can I get these documents notarized. I have an account in PNC bank, but they are not ready to notarize these document.

Please give your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Prem

Passport Reissue - Notary Signature

Where are you located? Any lawyers (If they are eligible) can notarize on all these documents. In Atlanta, I have seen an officer in the building was doing that but she charged me 10$/document. Google it in your location and you can find it easily. It is mandatory to get it notarized.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      Where are you located? Any lawyers (If they are eligible) can notarize on all these documents. In Atlanta, I have seen an officer in the building was doing that but she charged me 10$/document. Google it in your location and you can find it easily. It is mandatory to get it notarized.

I am in M***akuee, WI. I will check on this.

Thanks,
      Prem

Comment

The best an attorney (in the U.S.) is authorized to do, and this can also be done by a notary person who is not an attorney, is to notary witness a statement by the holder that a passport copy is a true copy. Non-government notaries cannot notarize the authenticity of document issued by government agencies.

If the purpose of your notary is to provide proof that your copy of a passport is a true copy, then a statement within the photocopy can be notarized that you are the person whose passport has been copied.

The one caveat allowing attorneys some witness authority applied to Naturalization (and probably Citizenship certificates) that allows any U.S.-licensed attorney to authenticate a true copy of the certificate.

The "rest of the story" is that attorneys or notaries have no way of knowing whether a government-issued document is **** or not. That's why some other countries will not accept simple documents without consular authentication done in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X