Work Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Visa

I am currently working fulltime under H1B visa, and since mid June this year started another position with another firm. Given the work was on “part-time” basis and done remotely, and I already have an H1B sponsor, and the comp is minimal (less than half of the comp from my “full-time” job), I thought there isn’t H1B sponsorship needed for it. Someone told me that if I exit and re-enter US before 180 days of the unauthorized employment then I would re-enter US in "clean slate". Is that correct?

Originally posted by pho88 View Post
    I am currently working fulltime under H1B visa, and since mid June this year started another position with another firm. Given the work was on “part-time” basis and done remotely, and I already have an H1B sponsor, and the comp is minimal (less than half of the comp from my “full-time” job), I thought there isn’t H1B sponsorship needed for it. Someone told me that if I exit and re-enter US before 180 days of the unauthorized employment then I would re-enter US in "clean slate". Is that correct?
    Are you doing two jobs at the same time? This is not allowed unless you had a concurrent filing irrespective of the time you put in or the amount you received.

Well leaving US and re entering and working only with Full time employer might give a consolation and a fresh start, but I wouldnt be surprised if this shows up later on IRS reports during GC processing. You might be lucky to get away with it if there was no payment transaction to your bank account.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X