Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2 application pending, now going to appear for H4 interview

Hi all, i hope you could help me. Here is my case:

My husband was in J1 visa at the time of our marriage (March '05). I appeared for J2 interview on March 30th. The consular officer (at chennai)asked for my DS-2019 form (dependant's copy). My husband had his DS-2019 form, however we don't have one for me as we were not aware of it. I should mention that the chennai consulate's website doesn't have clear information on document requirements for J2 visa. The officer gave me a blue color form ("additional documents required for visa processing") and asked me to bring the spouse' copy of DS-2019 (ie, for me) on any tuesday to thursday. My husband tried to get the required document from his J1 program sponsor (AIESEC). Again, we were caught in trouble as the AIESEC people said that they were unable to print the document due to some error in their system. Meanwhile, my husband's employer filed for his H1B.

Two weeks ago, my husband got his H1B visa, and i have got appointment for H4 interview at chennai consulate on Nov 22. Now, my question is :
    (1) Will the pending J2 application will cause problems during my H4 interview?
    (2) Is there a procedure to terminate the J2 path by contacting the consulate?
    (3) Is it really important to change my maiden name or to endorse my name in confirmation letter for continued employment, offered by the company?

Hi Suganya,
    Since your husband is no more on J1, you cannot go on J2. H4 is the right visa for you. Just mention the refusals in the relevant column in the visa application form. You do not have to take any step for cancelling the J2 visa path.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
      Hi Suganya,
      Since your husband is no more on J1, you cannot go on J2. H4 is the right visa for you. Just mention the refusals in the relevant column in the visa application form. You do not have to take any step for cancelling the J2 visa path.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.. We could get a letter from J1 program sponsor addressing the consulate officer, stating their inability to print my DS-2019 form. Will the J2 refusal still cause any problem with my H4 application?

Comment

Hi,
        It is only extra documentation that you can carry to show the consular officer if he asks why your J2 stamping did not go through. What you now need to concentrate on is about your husbands current employment, pay, projects and clients for your H4 stamping.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
          Hi,
          It is only extra documentation that you can carry to show the consular officer if he asks why your J2 stamping did not go through. What you now need to concentrate on is about your husbands current employment, pay, projects and clients for your H4 stamping.
          Thankyou very much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X