Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping required for H1B after visa transfer and the visa staus is valid

Hi Friends,

This is my situation I m working for Company A and they gave me visa till may 2014, I m shifting to new company B.
    Let us assume i get all the papers from company B and joining the same.

I wish to travel in the end of dec, so when i goto india do i need visa stamping as my visa is valid till 2014 may.

I saw some similar thread which clearly says no need for visa stamping if the visa given by company A is valid.

just want to make sure this law is applicable even now.

advice me

thanks
    Ethan

Originally posted by fly2ethan View Post
    Hi Friends,

This is my situation I m working for Company A and they gave me visa till may 2014, I m shifting to new company B.
    Let us assume i get all the papers from company B and joining the same.

I wish to travel in the end of dec, so when i goto india do i need visa stamping as my visa is valid till 2014 may.

I saw some similar thread which clearly says no need for visa stamping if the visa given by company A is valid.

just want to make sure this law is applicable even now.

advice me

thanks
    Ethan
    Have you been to US on H1/L1 in last 6 Years? If yes, for how long?

Technically you dont need a new visa stamping but some attorneys will suggest you to get a new one. The reason being, if you enter US with A's visa stamp and B's approved petition, at the Port of Entry some officers may still grant you an I-94 only till visa expiry date and not till B's petition date and then in April/May 2014 you would need to file another extension request while in US (which should not be a big issue as long as employer and job are genuine).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X