Wrong DS160 number when filling form for dropbox confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong DS160 number when filling form for dropbox confirmation

On Nov 21, I dropped off my application for H1B renewal at New Delhi dropoff location. I made one mistake in my application. I submitted a correct DS-160 confirmation printout page to the officer. But, when printing the dropbox confirmation page by filling the online form to schedule appointment , I entered the incorrect DS-160 confirmation number (number of an older DS-160 form that had a mistake in country of birth). Is this a cause of concern? I hope, the DS-160 confirmation number that I submitted when dropped off the documents and my passport is used, not the one that I used when filing the online form to get dropbox confirmation letter. Please, let me know if anyone faced a similar issue and what did they do. I have already sent an email, no response from them yet.

Thanks,
    Nitin

Incorrect DS160 number in dropbox application form

I did the same mistake. Could you please let me know what happened?

Comment

Same Mistake

Originally posted by VeeJay View Post
      I did the same mistake. Could you please let me know what happened?

I also did the same mistake. Could you please let me know how you resolved the issue?

Comment

Hi

I also made the same mistake today. Can someone reply how to resolve this issue

@kaushik570 @ VeeJay

Comment

same mistake

I also made the same mistake today. Can someone help me on how to resolve this issue.

@kaushik530 @VeerJay

Comment

Issue resolved

I resolved this issue by calling US consulate. They asked me to mail new DS160 to and I got my visa few days later.

Hope this helps

Comment

I did same mistake. In my case, I have a old DS160 (3 years old) on my "Dropbox confirmation page". But, when I submitted the passport and doc, I have submitted correct DS-160 document.
              Do you know what I can do to address this issue ??
              nari0801, kaushik570, theman123 Can you guys suggest what's next thing I should be doing ?

Comment

Vish1982 I've submitted my documents yesterday. the emailed appointment confirmation page has old ds160 number and the one from ustraveldocs.com has the updated ds160 number.
                I too have submitted the current DS-160 at the appointment. Can you update here what are the next steps you have followed?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X