Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other source of Income on H1B..Any Issues with that or its OK

Hi,

I am on H1B visa with Company X. Is it legal to have other source of Income on H1B. When i say other source of Income that means Income from being Individual seller on Market Places. For E.g. selling books on ebay or amazon. Also Wanted to know if it is ok if my income from selling books is more than my actual Salary from Company X. I will report the salary from the Company as well as from my income from market places to IRS.

So will this effect my H1B extensions in future...Also will affect my current GC which is under process.

Replies on this will be really appreciated.

Originally posted by amuljshah View Post
    Hi,

I am on H1B visa with Company X. Is it legal to have other source of Income on H1B. When i say other source of Income that means Income from being Individual seller on Market Places. For E.g. selling books on ebay or amazon. Also Wanted to know if it is ok if my income from selling books is more than my actual Salary from Company X. I will report the salary from the Company as well as from my income from market places to IRS.

So will this effect my H1B extensions in future...Also will affect my current GC which is under process.

Replies on this will be really appreciated.
    No this is not allowed once on H1 you should work only for the petitioner.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No this is not allowed once on H1 you should work only for the petitioner.

Hi,

But i am not employed with someother employer. I am employed with only my H1B Sponsoring company . If i am doing individual selling

Comment

Originally posted by amuljshah View Post
        Hi,

But i am not employed with someother employer. I am employed with only my H1B Sponsoring company . If i am doing individual selling
        You cannot have any other source of income apart from your H1 employer. You can passively invest in business/stocks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X