Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797A I-94 form

Hi all,
    I got my I-797A with an I-94 attached, on the instructions it says that I must detach that I-94 on the right side and staple it with my white I-94 card. I am going to India in december and I have scheduled visa interview.

A couple people I spoke to said that I don't have to detach the I-94 form on I-797A, which I think would not be right. But I just want to have a second opinion here. I am going to submit this I-94 with my white I-94 card anyways because that's what the instructions on my I-797A said.

Please let me know.

Happy thanksgiving!

Pre

Originally posted by pretambey View Post
    Hi all,
    I got my I-797A with an I-94 attached, on the instructions it says that I must detach that I-94 on the right side and staple it with my white I-94 card. I am going to India in december and I have scheduled visa interview.

A couple people I spoke to said that I don't have to detach the I-94 form on I-797A, which I think would not be right. But I just want to have a second opinion here. I am going to submit this I-94 with my white I-94 card anyways because that's what the instructions on my I-797A said.

Please let me know.

Happy thanksgiving!

Pre
    If you staple it in the passport the airlines officials will automatically take it at the time of departure from US. If you keep it attached with I797 you might forget to hand it over at the time of exit and can potentially be an issue as then your departure wouldn't be recorded. Whether you staple it or not, you should always make sure to hand it over at the time of exit from US. Do keep copies for future references.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

thanks raghvi! I will do that so that I don't forget to submit it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X