RFE on L1, can I still file for H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on L1, can I still file for H1

I got RFE on L1, meanwhile if the case is still with USCIS, can I still apply for H1?
    And will my denial affect anyways on my H1.

Originally posted by Smuzamil View Post
    I got RFE on L1, meanwhile if the case is still with USCIS, can I still apply for H1?
    When is your L1 I-94 expiring? Do you have an earlier approved H1?

H1 cap is over for this year and the next H1 cap will open only in April 2014, and that H1 can start only from Oct 2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When is your L1 I-94 expiring? Do you have an earlier approved H1?

H1 cap is over for this year and the next H1 cap will open only in April 2014, and that H1 can start only from Oct 2014.

Hi Raghvi, Thanks for your reply

I am sorry there was a typo in my query.

What I meant is that I am applying for L1 Individual In Dec 2013. In case if I get RFE on it. Will I still able to apply for H1Bin Oct 2014, if my case is yet with USCIS after my documentation is submitted as reply to RFE ?

- - - Updated - - -

"I am sorry there was a typo in my query.

What I meant is that I am applying for L1 Individual In Dec 2013. In case if I get RFE on it. Will I still be able to apply for H1Bin Oct 2014, if my case is yet with USCIS after my documentation is submitted as reply to RFE" ?

Comment

I am sorry there was a typo in my query.

What I meant is that I am applying for L1 Individual In Dec 2013. In case if I get RFE on it. Will I still able to apply for H1Bin Oct 2014, if my case is yet with USCIS after my documentation is submitted as reply to RFE ?

- - - Updated - - -

Every petition is treated independent of the other. So even if you apply L1 and H1 together they wouldn't affect one another.

H1 applications will be accepted from 01-April-2014 onwards. And that H1 can start only from 01-Oct-2014. If you don't get an L1 stamping in your passport By that time I would suggest you file H1 on 01-April-2014. For Your H1 application to reach USCIS on 01-Apr-2014, your documentation should be complete much before to allow the attorney to review and timely file it.

Whether your employer gets convinced to start both L1 and H1 parallel is a different matter as it involves literally double the cost.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X