Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 help. Endorsing spouse name in the Passport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 help. Endorsing spouse name in the Passport.

Hi All,

I would really appreciate if you could help me.

I am from kerala and my wife is from Goa. We got married last month. She is going to attend interview in Bombay for her H4 next month. I came to know that my name should be there in her passport. I tried to endorse my name in her passport but the passport authority is saying that they can not add the name in the current passport and they have to issue a new passport with the new number. But I have already submitted the application with the current passport number.

My question: is it necessary to add my name in her passport? If yes, then what is the solution for this issue?

How hard is it to get H4 Stamped from Bombay consulate? Do they ask all previous year’s W2’s? Because I have some issue with my 2002 W2.

Some one please share their experience from Bombay consulate?

Thank you all.
    Prasad

H4 visa application with maiden name

You can aplpy for the H4 visa with your wife's maiden name. The visa will be issued in her maiden name and not her married name. No need to worry. Just make sure that she has all other documents such as your I-797 and I-94, and wedding proofs such as marriage certificate, plenty of wedding photographs showing your and her face clearly, and wedding invitation.

Good luck!

Vijay

Comment

https://www.immihelp.com/passport-fo...r-immigration/

Here they do they say that spouse name endorsement is not required in passport.

But the best thing to do would be to ask them via email.

There are some post indicating a query regarding salary/W-2 dating back almost 5 years. I am not sure whether they will ask for it.

Comment

Hi,
        Spouse endorsement is not mandatory. Even if you choose to get it done, it is only a question of 3 to 4 days at the respective passport office.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Look at https://www.immihelp.com/passport-fo...r-immigration/
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X