Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawing H1B petition

Hello Experts,

I have a peculiar situation and need urgent help. I am currently working for a firm in India and have applied for H1B thru a different firm. The processing of the H1B is still going on and no decision has been given by USCIS yet. In the mean time, my current firm offered me a relocation and I have accepted it (I already have an L1 for this relocation). can you please let me know how I can approach the other firm and request them to stop processing my H1B. Will there be any consequences on my future applications/extensions for any US visa.

I have just one month left to relocate....

Thank you very much for the help in advance...

Originally posted by sankay1234 View Post
    Hello Experts,

I have a peculiar situation and need urgent help. I am currently working for a firm in India and have applied for H1B thru a different firm. The processing of the H1B is still going on and no decision has been given by USCIS yet. In the mean time, my current firm offered me a relocation and I have accepted it (I already have an L1 for this relocation). can you please let me know how I can approach the other firm and request them to stop processing my H1B. Will there be any consequences on my future applications/extensions for any US visa.

I have just one month left to relocate....

Thank you very much for the help in advance...
    As H1 was filed while in India you need not worry. Both H1 and L1 processing can go on in parallel. In fact as you already have an L1 stamp in passport you can use that to travel for your current organization. H1 if approved will be as consular process. As and when you want to move to H1 you cna use the Approved H1 petition to file a COS from L1 to H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X