Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Name check for H1B VISA

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the status of FBI Name check for common names these days? The last time two times i was in India for H1B VISA stamping, i was put in on Admin processing while they completed the name check.

If the name check are still happening, how long does it usually take? I have been unable to find any recent threads on this topic in any of the forums.

Thanks.

Originally posted by namecheck13 View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know what is the status of FBI Name check for common names these days? The last time two times i was in India for H1B VISA stamping, i was put in on Admin processing while they completed the name check.

If the name check are still happening, how long does it usually take? I have been unable to find any recent threads on this topic in any of the forums.

Thanks.
    Common names checks are still rigorous and time consuming. It can take anywhere from few weeks to 6 Months, cannot be predicted.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I have been unable to find any recent thread with this information though. At one time it was a big deal and there were long threads with people updating there status on how long they have been waiting. Can you tell me where you found your information. Can I search for it somehow? It will help to look at people with similar experience.

The only news I see from USCIS is from 2009 that the waiting period for 98% is 30 days and 90 days for remaining 2%.

Anyone who has been waiting longer than 3 months ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X