Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on L1 to H1 Conversion

All,
    my company has applied for my L1 to H1 Conversion (COS) this year. but after we applied for COS, i travelled outside US and travelled back to US after a month and now i got RFE.
    was that not a good choice to travel outside US? i have my valid i94 till end of next year and can i stay in US if my COS application gets rejects from USCIS? whats the possibility of rejecting only COS and get approved for a new H1? could you please help me on this?

Originally posted by bibintjohn View Post
    All,
    my company has applied for my L1 to H1 Conversion (COS) this year. but after we applied for COS, i travelled outside US and travelled back to US after a month and now i got RFE.
    was that not a good choice to travel outside US? i have my valid i94 till end of next year and can i stay in US if my COS application gets rejects from USCIS? whats the possibility of rejecting only COS and get approved for a new H1? could you please help me on this?
    One should travel only after getting the approval, not before. As you re entered on L1 and have a valid I-94 till end of next year you are good to work with L1 employer till that time no issues. COS will most likely get converted to Consular Processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X