Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B, Since not travelled, Transfer from Current Comp to New Comp, What are challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B, Since not travelled, Transfer from Current Comp to New Comp, What are challenges

Hi All,

I got my H1B Visa with Current Company on Feb-2013, But I don’t get chance to travel with my current company upto now.

>> Now I would like to change the current company and planning to use same H1B for onsite opportunity for other compines. Is this possible and If so what are challenges I have to face?

>> Some gossips are spreading like If we wouldn’t travelled with in year, Then H1B Visa will get expire? Is this correct?

Kindly suggest..

Regards,
    VSR
    India

Originally posted by vijayreddy1258 View Post
    Hi All,

I got my H1B Visa with Current Company on Feb-2013, But I don’t get chance to travel with my current company upto now.

>> Now I would like to change the current company and planning to use same H1B for onsite opportunity for other compines. Is this possible and If so what are challenges I have to face?

>> Some gossips are spreading like If we wouldn’t travelled with in year, Then H1B Visa will get expire? Is this correct?

Kindly suggest..

Regards,
    VSR
    India
    You can certainly port the H1 Cap. The biggest challenge many face is first, to get the H1B approval notice from the current company (merely showing the next company your H1 stamping in passport is not enough), the next company will need this approval notice copy to seamlessly initiate the transfer.

Secondly, in a hurry to initiate a transfer and get to US some end up as scapegoats for fraud/unethical consultancies and end up paying of the transfer/no project/bench without salary etc. Make sure you transfer to a good company.

When you have the power of the internet why not go to the official websites of Govt Immigration services and confirm rather than blindly trusting the gossips. There is no truth in that if you dont use for 1 Year h1 visa will expire.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Many Thanks for your vauable inputs, the one thing i missed to understand from your reply is about the approved letter from existing company, Does it mean the Approved pettition?

Kindly suggest..

Regards,
      VSR
      India[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X