H1B valid for only 45 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B valid for only 45 days

I have 45 days left on my H1B and I'm currently outside the US. I am filing to recapture those days so that I can come back to the US and work. My questions:

1. Does USCIS have any reason to not give me this recpatured time?
    2. (Assuming #1 goes through well) Will the visa officer at the Consulate ask me extra pointed questions?
    3. (Assuming #2 goes through well) What should I expect from the CBP officer at POE since I have only 45 days left on the visa?

Originally posted by sp186 View Post
    I have 45 days left on my H1B and I'm currently outside the US. I am filing to recapture those days so that I can come back to the US and work. My questions:

1. Does USCIS have any reason to not give me this recpatured time?
    2. (Assuming #1 goes through well) Will the visa officer at the Consulate ask me extra pointed questions?
    3. (Assuming #2 goes through well) What should I expect from the CBP officer at POE since I have only 45 days left on the visa?
    You planning a recapture of only 45 Days? Do you have a GC pending? What is your plan after those 45 days? There are some missing pieces of the puzzle.

1. None technically and legally. But again, in case they refuse, to challenge in a court of law you would need to be strong financially.
    2. Will surely wonder and may ask which project requirement can be fulfilled in 45 days. Whats the reason for this desperateness etc.
    4. I would say you should be prepared for an I-94 only for those 45 days if at all you manage to get a visa for 45 Days.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

raghvi, thanks for your response.

I don't have a green card pending. I do have a fiancee is the US that I guess I have the option of marrying once I get my H1B. I obviously can't say that to the visa officer, can I?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X