Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer while current transfer is in RFE

Hi,

I still have valid H1 VISA and I94 from employer A.

I started working for employer B on the receipt number; and i have got 2nd RFE on H1 transfer, which is not yet responded.

Now, can i transfer my VISA to employer C? Will this be dependent on my current transfer?

Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by sanaths81 View Post
    Hi,

I still have valid H1 VISA and I94 from employer A.

I started working for employer B on the receipt number; and i have got 2nd RFE on H1 transfer, which is not yet responded.

Now, can i transfer my VISA to employer C? Will this be dependent on my current transfer?

Thanks in advance..
    How would you prove you are currently in valid status?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      How would you prove you are currently in valid status?
      This article says that it can be done.

Sometimes, an employee will move to a new employer upon the filing of that employer's H1B petition. Then, after a short interval, the employee will decide to move on to a third employer, and the third employer will file a petition on the employee's behalf. When this happens, the intermediate petition is known as a "bridge petition." It is called this because it bridges the gap in status between the time the employee leaves the first employer and the time the third employer files its petition. In such cases, in order to maintain continuity of status (and remain eligible for an extension of status) the second, or bridge petition, must be approved. If it is not, then the bridge collapses and there is a gap in lawful status.

But i'm still not sure what happens if Employer C's petition gets approved before that of Employer B. I think in this case, i will not get I94 when employer C's petition is approved. If that is the case, then do i have to go out of US and get the stamping to get new I94?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X