Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merida administrative processing H1B

Hi all,
    Can someone please advise on their recent experience around administrative processing ( especially in merida). Here is quick summary of my journey so far
    - h1b visa holder
    - sept 25: got my finger print and picture taken by the consulate
    - sept 26: went for the interview in the consulate: at the end of the interview was handed a yellow sheet 221g and the officer stated that my application needed additional processing before it can be issued. No update since.

Some of conversion points
    Where do you work? Responded as stated on my approval notice
    What do you do? Responded as stated on the application
    What location? Provided the location but VO seemed to have doubt about the location
    Asked a prior misdemeanor for which I was found not guilty. Handed him a copy of the court transcript. He made a copy of the transcript.
    Asked a few questions about my parents. Asked if my dad was involved in politic in my home country. Answered no
    Told me to take a sit and went back and talked to someone for a few minutes and came and typed up a few things in his computer and then handed me the yellow sheet.

As of today I still haven't heard from the embassy and I have been checking the ceac site for update nothing there either.
    Any advise? At this point I'm considering getting my passport back and return to my home country since I can't afford to here any longer.

Also the company lawyers think that the delay maybe because of security check which I am hoping it is not.
    Please advise if you've encountered a situation like mine and how long did it take to be resolved?
    Thanks

Merida administrative processing H1B

Any advise?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X