Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping without H1 stamping

hi,

I am currently on H1B and my visa is valid till Apr 2015. My project is ending this month and I need to travel to India by end of this month for around three weeks. I cannot get my H1B stamping in India as my project is going to end and will not have client letter.

1. Can I go to India and go for H4 stamping instead of H1B?
    2. My spouse is working as a consultant in EVC model. No issues with paystubs, LCA or amendment(everything is in place). Are there any chances of my H4 rejection or query(since I was on H1B so far or may be due to other reasons)?
    3. Is client letter(of my spouse) needed for H4 stamping as well?
    4. I am planning to go to Hyderabad for H4 stamping. Any idea how this consulate is, for h4 stamping?
    5. Can I get COS from H4 to H1, once I am back to US?

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards,
    Sam

Originally posted by dsam7 View Post
    hi,

I am currently on H1B and my visa is valid till Apr 2015. My project is ending this month and I need to travel to India by end of this month for around three weeks. I cannot get my H1B stamping in India as my project is going to end and will not have client letter.

1. Can I go to India and go for H4 stamping instead of H1B? -- Yes
    2. My spouse is working as a consultant in EVC model. No issues with paystubs, LCA or amendment(everything is in place). Are there any chances of my H4 rejection or query(since I was on H1B so far or may be due to other reasons)? -- More scrutiny is possible
    3. Is client letter(of my spouse) needed for H4 stamping as well? -- Yes, better to have it
    4. I am planning to go to Hyderabad for H4 stamping. Any idea how this consulate is, for h4 stamping? -- Location makes no difference.
    5. Can I get COS from H4 to H1, once I am back to US? --Yes, but you cannot start working until COS gets approved.

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards,
    Sam
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X