Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I return my I94 even if it is valid till Sept 2015 when going on vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I return my I94 even if it is valid till Sept 2015 when going on vacation?

Hi,

It may be silly and I don't know the exact place to ask my question. But still I want my doubt cleared before I leave USA.

So I have a valid H1B visa and I94 till Sept 30, 2015. I am going on vacation to India for a week during this christmas. Should I submit my I94 at the departing airline and get a new one when I return or can I hold on to the same I94 (if the airline has forgot to take my I94)?
    What is the actual procedure?

Regards,
    Senthil.

Originally posted by senthil.rushya View Post
    Hi,

It may be silly and I don't know the exact place to ask my question. But still I want my doubt cleared before I leave USA.

So I have a valid H1B visa and I94 till Sept 30, 2015. I am going on vacation to India for a week during this christmas. Should I submit my I94 at the departing airline and get a new one when I return or can I hold on to the same I94 (if the airline has forgot to take my I94)?

Regards,
    Senthil.
    You should hand over during exit, otherwise your exit will not be recorded and can potentially cause issues in future. Keep a copy for your references.

You will get a new one upon return.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by senthil.rushya View Post
      Hi,

Regards,
      Senthil.

Yes, you should hand over at port of exit(airport)...when u enter next time, u wil get a new i94 based on ur visa end date...

It is not a legal advise.
      This is my personal opinion. Take your decision based on your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X