H1 to H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4

Hi,me and My girl friend are on H1b visa and my girl friend might get fired from her job. We are anyways planning to get married. I would like to know if she gets fired from the job, can I marry her and get her visa transferred to h4 visa? Is there any restriction like minimum number of days you have to be married before you can apply for h4 visa? Thank you

Originally posted by mk007 View Post
    Hi,me and My girl friend are on H1b visa and my girl friend might get fired from her job. We are anyways planning to get married. I would like to know if she gets fired from the job, can I marry her and get her visa transferred to h4 visa? Is there any restriction like minimum number of days you have to be married before you can apply for h4 visa? Thank you
    From the day her Payroll stops she would go out of status if an H1 to H4 COS is not pending. So rather than waiting for her to be jobless and then marrying her, its better that you marry her and later as and when if she does get laid off you can immediately file a H1 to H4 COS.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1 to H4

Thank You so much. Do you have any idea how about how much time is it going to take to transfer from H1 to H4? Is there any minimum number of days one has to be married to go on H4?
      Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by mk007 View Post
        Thank You so much. Do you have any idea how about how much time is it going to take to transfer from H1 to H4? Is there any minimum number of days one has to be married to go on H4?
        Thank you again
        IT can take upto 3-4 Months as there is no premium processing for dependent visas. Also I dont think there is any minimum number of days post marriage for her to get H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1 to H4

Thank you Raghvi. I appreciate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X