Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How soon the client apply for PERM Labor when H1b is expiring in Feb 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon the client apply for PERM Labor when H1b is expiring in Feb 2015?

Hello Experts

I am on 9th year H1b because I have an approved 1-140 and H1b is valid till Feb 2015 with current employer. Now the client offered the full-time. I spoke w/ my current employer and he said he can cooperate to port my I-140 date once I get the new I-140 approved from the client. Since my current H1b is expiring in Feb 2015, I have only 1 year 2 months left before they can get new I-140 approved. So far I haven't received any offer from the client and they are still working w/ immigration team on how soon they can file the PERM. Its very slow process from client end.

Now I heard from many people that the PERM is taking long time to get the labor certified. For some of them, it is still in process and they are leaving the country because they can't get extensions. I know and heard that the PERM case has to be filed 365 days prior to the last day of H1B expiry date. I guess this is true in case if you are applying for PERM when you reaching H1B 6 year limit. In my case, I am already in 9th year.

So my question is if I have to take the fill time offer at the client place, how soon they have to apply for PERM LC (not considering 365 day rule) so that I can get at least 1 year H1B extension after Feb 2015? Or does the 365 day rule even applies to me?

Please advice me the odds & evens if i take the full-time position at the client.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X