Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any difference in applying H1B from US or from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any difference in applying H1B from US or from India?

Hi,
    I am a H1B holder and currently working in US.My wife is working in IT in India. I am planning to file a new H1B for her in Apr'14.Since her employer will not file H1B for her, I contacted a consultancy here in US to enquire about the H1B processing for her from India.

The consultancy manager suggests me that, it is better to bring my wife to US in H4 Visa and then, he said it would be easy to file H1B.
    Though he does not 100% guarantee that she might get H1B visa if we apply from US, as lottery system is involved, he says that, unnecessary questions from immigration can be avoided if we file H1B from US.

He also said, if we file H1B from India, through a small consultancy in US, there are more chances that immigration may ask you too many documents, too many questions and even if we get approval, chances are that during stamping they will trouble us.

The reason I didn't bring her to US with H4, is due to some financial constraints. But, being in India, affects her H1B petition even in a smaller percentage,then definitely I would bring her to US in H4.

So,I would like to know from you guys that what would be better idea? Is it true what the consultancy manager said or there is no difference in applying H1B from India or from US?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X