Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Employer before Dependents Arrive to US

Hi,

I am on H1B status with a company 'X' and I am currently working in US. My family has H4 visa stamped but they are in India and I am planning to bring. Before my family comes to US, if I change my employer to another company 'Y', do my family again has to go for H4 visa stamping. If they have to go for stamping again, how many pay stubs I should have with the new employer, company 'Y'.

Any suggestions and details would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Masha

Originally posted by masha View Post
    Hi,

I am on H1B status with a company 'X' and I am currently working in US. My family has H4 visa stamped but they are in India and I am planning to bring. Before my family comes to US, if I change my employer to another company 'Y', do my family again has to go for H4 visa stamping. If they have to go for stamping again, how many pay stubs I should have with the new employer, company 'Y'.

Any suggestions and details would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Masha
    They dont have to go for stamping as long as their return date is before the visa expiry date on the current H4 in the passport. But they do need to carry I797 approval copy of new employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      They dont have to go for stamping as long as their return date is before the visa expiry date on the current H4 in the passport. But they do need to carry I797 approval copy of new employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X