Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in SSN - H4 to H1

Hi ,

I have converted this year from H4 to H1 . My most recent entry in US is on 27 march and i applied for SSN on 18 october in Chicago then i moved to New york so when i went SSN office they said i need to file a new application for SSN but somehow on counter they changed my address on same previous application .

I did nt get my SSN then i again went to SSN office then they sid you might have to apply a new one then again i Applied for New SSN on 2 dec but again after 3 weeks i did not get my SSN .

What could be the possible issue and where i can check for to expedite the process .

Thanks . Any Thoughts appreciated !

If the number has been issued SSA can tell you the number when you visit their office. The card will arrive later.

SSN should not stop you from maintaining H1 status though. You should begin working immediately from the change of status effective date and your employer should be paying you. Also, if your work location has changed from what was filed in the H1 petition, your employer should file a new LCA and file petition amendment.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X