Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Advice

Hi,

One of our relative visited our house. He was in the u.s from 1995 - 2000. He had to leave U.S due to some personal issue. He was on H1. He is not a GC holder. While in the U.S, a son was born to him. So this son becomes U.S citizen by birth. He already had 1 son before coming to the u.S.

He wants to come back to US and settle here. He has some relatives who r citizens here. Can they sponser him and his family? Is theer any other way through which he can come here?

Please reply back

Hi,
    The shortest way is to find an employer and get green card processed in due course of employment with them. Since he has already been on H1B, then he has to see if the 6 years limit is exhausted already. If he has exhaused the whole 6 years then he has to stay out of US at least for 1 year before re-entry. He can be petitioned by his siblings if they are US citizens. But that process takes about 7 to 8 years.
    I think your relative should take help of an immigration attorney and seek advice as to what to do. By the way, did he convert from B1 to H1B?
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X